The latest newsletter of the National Towage Museum dated October 2015 is published!\r\n
You will find the newsletter in the News category in this website, from where you can download this document, and on Facebook. If you would like to receive the news bulletins directly on your personal mail account, please let us know on the mail page in this website in the Contact chapter.
The newsletter is published once per quarter, in January, April, July and October.
Note: the newsletter is published in the Dutch language only. If you are really interested in a particular item, please contact us and we will inform you more thoroughly.
This bulletin contains:\r\n
- preface from the chairman
- the strip story KAPPIE (a tugboat captain) by the late Dutch strip and story writer Marten Toonder once a week on facebook
- tugboat parade during the farewell ceremony for the retiring burgomaster of Maassluis Mr. Koos Karssen
- the importance of morse communication and the radio officer on board seagoing tugs in the past for aid, assistance and salvage at sea
- a report about the opening ceremony of the new exhibition in the Dutch National Towage Museum "Van IJ tot IJmond" about the history and recent status of towage companies in the North Sea Canal area (from Amsterdam to IJmuiden)
- the yearly donor's day: 40 visitors
- experiences of a museum's doorman
- the electronic tug boat visitor's information system of the museum updated
- Piet van Roon made a start in building a 1:150 scale model of the Japan newbuilding long range Dutch seagoing tug ALP STRIKER (25.000 bhp)
- a new object in the museum: a morse decoder: on a screen it is made visible now in normal language for the visitor the morse code he is sending with the morse key
- PR-activities: the museum now has a task force to tackle the important PR field and measures
- the website of the museum has seen a constant rising level of visits during the last 2 years
- from time to time the museum announces vacancies for volunteers with certain skills: this time we need an extra handyman (or woman)
Please press the blue button to download the newsletter.